INTERNATIONAL. Welcome to The Moodie Davitt eZine – Travel Retail’s Lookbook. From an unforgettable Gala Dinner featuring pop superstar Jason Derulo to the many powerful speaker presentations, this year’s Trinity Forum in Doha was a spectacular and memorable occasion.
In this special review issue, we reflect on a memorable few days in Doha as we bring you highlights of the event in words, images and videos.
And there were plenty of them. Representing The Trinity Forum hosts Qatar Airways, Qatar Duty Free and Hamad International Airport, His Excellency Akbar Al Baker spoke candidly and passionately about a range of topics in a compelling address. Discussing the planned expansion of Hamad International, he told delegates: “We will compete not on size but on quality. Hamad will always be the quality airport and the airport that will be sought after by our customers.”
Alibaba Global Business Group President Angel Zhao introduced the concept of a New Travel Retail, while Global Retail Sector Leader Kevin Roche detailed the critical importance of design, experience – and of looking outside the travel retail industry for inspiration.
Other key sessions assessed how the Trinity could better work in partnership, how best to develop phygital solutions, and the evolving role of airlines. On top of the insightful conference, an exciting social programme took in a golf tournament, Opening Cocktail and city tour and culminated in a Gala Evening featuring world-class entertainment – one of the greatest nights ever seen in travel retail.
The rest of issue 271 looks like this:
- Travel retail highlights: Our regular look at the industry’s best new launches, activations and openings.
- Sense of Place: Cyprus’ Larnaca Airport has created a dynamic new look and feel in its main departures store by including local island themes.
- Duty Calls: LVMH brands have underlined their commitment to sustainability best practices and to exceed responsible environmental standards.
- The Front Line: Duty Free Caribbean’s Shawn Alfred loves fun but works hard, is passionate and has a heart of gold.
- Stock Watch: The latest developments for the travel retail-related companies we track.
Please enjoy this edition of The Moodie Davitt eZine with our compliments.