CHINA (MACAU). DFS Group launched its ninth annual Masters of Time exhibition on Saturday, dubbing it “the world’s largest and most prestigious retail event for luxury watches and jewellery”.
The exhibition, hosted at T Galleria by DFS, Macau, in partnership with Shoppes at Four Seasons, runs until 28 February 2018.
“This year’s Masters of Time exhibition explores how watch collectors and creators commemorate life’s most significant moments, so that certain pieces become imbued with our memories,” said DFS Senior Vice President, Fashion, Watches, Jewelry and Accessories Christophe Chaix.
“As always, the customer is at the heart of everything we do at DFS, and each year we travel the world to curate a Masters of Time exhibition to delight returning and new customers alike. This exhibition offers seasoned collectors and first-time buyers the chance to own exceptional pieces that will forever become part of their own memorable journey.”
The ninth annual exhibition kicked off with a prestigious gala event where award-winning artist Jade Kwan performed for guests. A multi-sensory exhibition was introduced for the first time at Masters of Time, in which the curated collection of timepieces and jewellery was displayed through a series of interactive pop-up spaces and animations to evoke emotions and ignite the senses.
Guests were taken on a multi-sensory journey through four different spaces that explored the concepts of nostalgia, memories, adventure and heritage. Each space transported guests back to a special place, moment or time.
Romantic, rare and archival pieces with a focus on ‘savoir faire’ took center stage in the section dedicated to nostalgia.
Innovative timepiece complications embodied the idea of making memories. Highly technical sports and lifestyle watches dominated in the adventure area, and “iconic and classic” timepieces brought heritage to life.
Guests were treated to a paired taste of The Macallan whisky and Petrossian caviar.
Korean illustrator Jae Suk Kim flew in from Seoul to paint guests’ portraits in his signature style. These featured Su Su girls, adorned in fine jewellery and watch pieces, as holiday gift cards to commemorate the event.
The 2017 Masters of Time exhibition is available for viewing and purchase at T Galleria by DFS, Macau, Shoppes at Four Seasons until 28 February 28.
2017 DFS MASTERS OF TIME COLLECTION
The 2017 DFS Masters of Time collection of brands includes: Angelus; Arnold & Son; Audemars Piguet, Blancpain; Breguet; Bulgari; Chopard; Franck Muller; Girard-Perregaux; Glashütte Original; Grand Seiko; Hublot; IWC Schaffhausen; Jaeger-LeCoultre; Jaquet Droz; Officine Panerai; Piaget; Roger Dubuis; Romain Jerome; TAG Heuer; Tiffany & Co; Ulysse Nardin; Vacheron Constantin; Zenith and more.
- Audemars Piguet – Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-thin
- Blancpain – Tribute to Fifty Fathoms MIL-SPEC
- Breguet – Tradition Dame 7038
- Bulgari – Diva’s Dream High Jewelry Watch – DFS Special Edition – Unique Piece
- Hublot – Techframe Ferrari 70 Years King Gold Tourbillon Chronograph
- IWC – Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
- Jaeger-LeCoultre – Master Gyrotourbillon 1
- Jaquet Droz – Lady 8 Flower
- Piaget – Limelight Mediterranean Garden Necklace – Unique Piece
- Roger Dubuis – Excalibur Aventador S
- TAG Heuer – Carrera Caliber HEUER 02 T Automatic Chronograph 45mm DFS Masters of Time IX Special Edition
- Ulysse Nardin – Marine Grand Deck Tourbillon
- Vacheron Constantin – Heures Créatives Heure Romantique
- Zenith – Defy El Primero 21