UAE. Luxury spirits retailer Le Clos has partnered with William Grant & Sons to offer a selection of its Glenfiddich Gallery single malts at Dubai International Airport.
William Grant & Sons’ Glenfiddich Gallery was first conceived in 2014 as an online portal. It has been re-created for travel retail to provide travellers with an immersive experience. Glenfiddich Gallery offers exclusive access to an array of rare single malts, personally selected by Glenfiddich Malt Master Brian Kinsman.
The travel retail Glenfiddich Gallery enables shoppers to select a whisky, personalise their packaging and receive their purchase on the spot. Buyers can choose from a bespoke colour palette of five primary and four accent colours, each with a link to Glenfiddich’s history. A message on the bottle label can also be personalised, while an engraved copper plaque commemorates the shopping experience.
The Gallery has been hand-crafted as a bespoke unit to fit under the original Glenfiddich still which is the centrepiece of the Le Clos flagship Terminal 3, Concourse A store.
William Grant & Sons Global Travel Retail Head of Marketing Ifan Jenkins said: “We are thrilled to be extending the Glenfiddich Gallery concept into Le Clos at Dubai International Airport, whose commitment to retail excellence makes them the ideal partner for William Grant & Sons.”
Le Clos General Manager Ben Odgers commented: “We pride ourselves at Le Clos bringing to market highly collectible and unique items and are delighted to be working in partnership with William Grant & Sons. We are continually looking to raise the bar for our passengers; providing them with a world-class retail experience and to make Le Clos a leading destination for the traveller looking for a luxury gift or a whisky connoisseur looking for an exclusive premium expression; the Glenfiddich Gallery enables us to do just that.”
Six rare liquids, priced between US$653 and US$2,222, have been selected for the Glenfiddich Gallery:
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 5101- 1989 Refill Barrel – Autumn straw colour with fresh pear, green grass and spring blossom nose and crisp, oak notes. (ABV 49.60%)
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 270 – 1986 Hogshead – A bronze liquid which is reminiscent of baked apple pie, brown sugar spice and round oak. (ABV 51.40%)
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 10/3087 – 1993 Sherry Cask – Rich oak sweetness with woody spices complement a nose of cinnamon spice, vanilla and demerara sugar. (ABV 58.20%)
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 4980 – 1993 First Fill Bourbon Barrel Cask – Vanilla fruitiness, creamy toffee and woody spices give way to a smooth taste with spicy cinnamon, nutmeg and tannin. (ABV 52.50%)
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 41093 – 1992 Refill Hogshead Cask – straw colour with fresh green leafy notes and pears with floral signature Glenfiddich flavours of freshly cut fruit. (ABV 55.9%)
- Glenfiddich Gallery Cask 10534 – 1991 Refill Hogshead Cask – Straw colour with nose of fresh green leafy notes and pear, with taste of floral signature Glenfiddich flavours of freshly cut fruits. (ABV 55.90%)
Jenkins added: “At William Grant & Sons we aim to give our customers memorable single malt experiences and The Glenfiddich Gallery is a perfect example of this. In this case we have adapted an online experience to a local activation which offers our whisky lovers a new level of luxury, innovation and the chance to experience some of the rarest and finest whiskies we have ever produced.”