Dutch sales agency Brands of Style has launched Travel Retail Bespoke, a specialist platform for travel retail buyers.
The new www.TravelRetailBespoke.com website is focused on global travel retail-ready brands as demand for travel continues to accelerate.
Travel Retail Bespoke Founder and Owner Elena Bloothoofd said: “We are being asked by many of our travel retail buyers to offer newness and sustainability for their portfolios.
“So, it’s perfect timing to be representing a great range of innovator and circular-economy brands as the travel retail market is now ready for challengers.
“Our remit is to help them to spread the word about their unique and sustainable products, and to be exploring new opportunities in all of travel retail’s diverse channels, on their behalf.”
Travel Retail Bespoke is introducing 20 challenger and creator-owned brands from a wide range of categories: beauty & wellness, food & drink, spirits, fashion accessories and sustainable services partners.
Bloothoofd added: “Our brands are ready to meet the travel retail-specific conditions and have proven merit by winning various sector awards. We are committed to growing our brands’ businesses in the travel retail channel. The Travel Retail Bespoke platform will prove instrumental in this.”
Among the brands included in the new travel retail buyer platform are:
- Londontown: The New York nail polish brand offers vegan and cruelty-free products. Its clean nail care lines are paraben-free and leave nails moisturised, according to the brand.
- KORA Organics: Founded by supermodel Miranda Kerr, the Los Angeles skincare brand prides itself on products made with what are described as the highest-quality certified organic ingredients.
- Slick Gorilla: What started at a barbershop in Leeds in 2016 has now become a successful hair styling brand that is available at major retailers in more than 50 countries. The brand is described as a game changer in hairstyling and has introduced innovative products including the volumising powder and sea salt spray.
- Sandell Watches: The Swedish brand offers Scandinavian-design watches made with sustainable and high-quality straps.
- Oqularclip: Designed in Sweden, the eyewear case brand features what it claims as the most comfortable, convenient, versatile, slim and sleek lens cover for all eyewear. The eyewear case is 20x smaller than the average glasses or sunglasses case and fits in any pocket.
- féfé cocktails: The Parisian brand specialises in ready-to-drink cocktails in a can, made from French spirits and natural ingredients and crafted by the top mixologists in France.
- Oryx Desert Salt: The seasoning brand has become known for its organic and sustainable alternative to sea salt. Produced in South Africa, this product is mineral-rich and unprocessed, extracted from the heart of the Kalahari Desert.
- Wattshot Gin: Distilled in the UK, it is the world’s first gin-shot containing all-natural ingredients, the brand owner claims. It is described as a bold and vibrant premium gin, designed to be consumed as a shot.
- Bitmore: Popular among Gen Zs, consumer technology and accessories specialist Bitmore achieved B-Corp status in June 2023. It features an expanding range of products including power banks, speakers, earphones and charging devices.
- Zóldi Jewels: The Dubai jewellery company whose products are meticulously crafted using precious materials in both Dubai and Hong Kong. It was founded by former Emirates flight attendant Maria Soldatova, who incorporates her unforgettable memories and meaningful journeys into the jewellery design.
Travel Retail Bespoke said that the new platform has so far been well-received by GTR buyers. Transavia Buy on Board Manager, Inflight Sales Laura Heijmann said: “The TR Bespoke Platform is exactly what we have been hoping for – a one-stop-shop for products that meet our needs for sustainable credentials and innovative ideas that will appeal to our passenger.”
Heijmann added: “It’s really easy to navigate and to find products by type, price range, target audience and by specific must-have criteria.
“It is ideal for buyers within all travel retail channels to look for inspiration, and what I really like is that there is also the option to request a product to meet specific criteria – and Elena and her team will research and find it for me.”
Popular travel retail brands have also welcomed the new platform, the company said.
Bitmore Founder and CEO Hoj Parmar said: “Bitmore is thrilled to join this pioneering online retail platform which focuses on promoting and highlighting sustainable and eco-friendly challenger brands within the travel retail sector.
“Geared towards travel retail buyers and category managers, this platform marks a significant leap forward in the industry.” ✈