Social media has emerged as a key unofficial source of information in the digital age. As The Moodie Davitt Report steps up its mission to become ‘the KOL of B2B travel retail publishing’ (a phrase coined by leading Chinese WeChat platform Globuy), we are delighted to introduce a new weekly feature that curates some of the most exciting travel retail industry updates from the social media sphere – and touches on our own contributions.
This week on Instagram our President and Editorial Director Dermot Davitt was at the Palais des Versailles for Rémy Martin Cognac’s breathtaking #TeamUpforExcellence event.
Meanwhile, our Founder & Chairman Martin Moodie was on the other side of the world, touring the dazzling new Beijing Daxing International Airport with the China Duty Free Group.
Elsewhere, KLM takes a stylish step in a sustainable direction with its new ‘Jet Legs’ launch; while Yves Saint Laurent Beauté anticipates Halloween with some spooky beauty posts.
Finally, Malaysia Airports celebrated Deepavali with a bang through a series of colourful cultural events and performances.
Check out the social media highlights below…
- Rémy Martin Cognac brought 100 guests from around the world on a theatrical, whimsical tour of the Palace of Versailles as part of its new Team Up for Excellence campaign. Our very own President & Editorial Director Dermot Davitt was in attendance.
View this post on Instagram
Remy Martin Cognac brought 100 media partners, influencers and bloggers from around the world on a theatrical, whimsical tour of the Palace of Versailles as part of its new Team Up for Excellence campaign on Monday. The brand introduced guests to the many different facets of the brand in this magnificent and memorable setting before a sumptuous Gala Dinner Stay tuned for more updates only on #TheMoodieDavittReport . . . . #TeamUpforExcellence #RemyMartin #Cognac #Versailles #France #travelretail #liquor #spirits #dutyfree #airportshopping #taxfreeshopping #taxfree
- Our Founder & Chairman Martin Moodie ran out of superlatives as he toured the spectacular Beijing Daxing International Airport with China Duty Free Group General Manager Casey Lim
View this post on Instagram
Our Founder & Chairman Martin Moodie was in the spectacular Beijing Daxing International Airport on a tour with China Duty Free Group Read the story now on The Moodie Blog #BeijingDaxing #TheMoodieBlog . . . . #travelretail #travelshopping #dutyfreeshopping #airport #airportshopping #dutyfree #taxfree #travel # #travelgram #aircraft
- KLM takes a step in the right direction with its snazzy new ‘Jet Legs’ launch. The branded joggers are made with recycled fabrics and feature the airline’s striking blue motif.
- Yves Saint Laurent Beauté gets in the spirit of Halloween with some spooky new beauty visuals
- Malaysia Airports spread love and joy during the ‘Festival of Lights’ with some colourful Deepavali celebrations