INTERNATIONAL. Welcome to The Moodie Davitt eZine – Travel Retail’s Lookbook.
Earlier this month Ever Rich Duty Free inaugurated a new-look central duty free shopping zone and fourth floor food & beverage area in Taoyuan International Airport’s Terminal 2. Martin Moodie was the sole international media representative present and also spoke at the inauguration ceremony.
The elegant commercial zone represents the first-phase investment in an ultimate US$99 million terminal reconstruction. Moodie speaks to Ever Rich Duty Free President Kevin Chiang, who explains the philosophy and aspirations that underpinned the project.
The Design Solution took on the commercial planning and design of the T2 commercial makeover. We also get the perspective of Director Nick Taylor, who says his company’s aim was to drive a new customer experience and create a unique Sense of Place.
Elsewhere in this issue we feature an interview with Dubai Duty Free Executive Vice Chairman & CEO Colm McLoughlin, who says the company is recovering from a number of trading challenges in early 2019 and expects to smash the US$2 billion sales barrier for the second year running.
We also present a special report on airport foreign exchange. In many countries the use of cash is declining and the trend is also reflected in airports. So how are foreign exchange operators innovating to keep passengers using their services?
The rest of issue 272 looks like this:
- Travel retail highlights: Our regular look at the industry’s best new launches, activations and openings.
- Picture gallery: The House of Rémy Martin has launched a spectacular global marketing campaign.
- Design perspective: Woods Bagot Global Retail Sector Leader Kevin Roche explains how travel retailers can remain culturally relevant as customer expectations soar.
- Analysis: Duty free retailers in South Korea are anticipating three tenders across multiple channels in coming months.
- Sense of Place: We see how the rich heritage of Morocco has been reflected at Marrakesh Menara Airport.
- Duty Calls: WildlifeDirect CEO Paula Kahumbu talks African elephant conservation and Amarula’s important role.
- Travel Retail’s Positive Disruptors: The Trinity Challenge winner Aircommerce is ready for full testing at airports.
- Airports as Artports: The force is strong at Orlando International with a Star Wars-themed art installation.
- The Front Line: Dubai Duty Free’s Rosemari Quiogue Belen is recognised for her uncompromising commitment.
- Stock Watch: The latest developments for the travel retail-related companies we track.
Please enjoy this edition of The Moodie Davitt eZine with our compliments.