INTERNATIONAL. Welcome to The Moodie Davitt eZine – Travel Retail’s Lookbook. Some 11,720sq m of landscaped retail and food & beverage space, a world-class art collection, a tropical garden and a dazzling water feature. These are just some of the key elements of Hamad International Airport’s spectacular upcoming second phase of expansion.
The airport already stands as Qatar’s five-star gateway to the world and is now aiming to set a new standard in the traveller experience globally and become a destination in its own right. We explore its ambitious plans and present an exclusive video – which appears on the cover – offering a fly-through of the central features. More details will be revealed at The Trinity Forum in Doha next week.
Speaking of which, we also present an extensive preview of what promises to be a spectacular, colourful and insightful occasion. Hosts Qatar Duty Free, Hamad International Airport and Qatar Airways have put together an exciting social programme, while a stellar line-up of speakers will explore how airports, concessionaires and brands can work together for the benefit of the travelling consumer.
The rest of this issue looks like this:
- Brand analysis: L’Oréal Travel Retail is leading by example to drive the beauty category to even greater heights.
- Interview: Container Hotel Group owners Ryan Loo and Vincent Tan on their disruptive CapsuleTransit concept.
- Picture galleries: The spectacular Beijing Daxing International Airport and downtown development Beijing FUN.
- Travel retail highlights: Our regular look at the industry’s best new launches, activations and openings.
- Analysis: As Chinese travellers continue to power inbound arrival growth in Korea and Japan, we assess the latest traffic figures.
- Travel Retail’s Positive Disruptors: The spotlight is on Netflix-like global travel retail and food & beverage marketplace TravelX.
- Duty Calls: Mars Wrigley International Travel Retail highlights the importance of ‘being kind’ in the confectionery category.
- The Front Line: Dubai Duty Free dedicated merchandiser Jeffrey Luriz believes happiness is the key to success.
- Stock Watch: The latest developments for the travel retail-related companies we track.
Please enjoy this edition of The Moodie Davitt eZine with our compliments.