FRANCE/INTERNATIONAL. The 2018 Sunglasses Workshop & Awards will take place on Tuesday 2 October, during TFWA World Exhibition, at 5.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. in The Scene.
The Sunglasses Workshop is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, while the Sunglasses Awards are now in their 8th year.
The Sunglasses Awards reward excellence in sunglasses retail, shining the spotlight on the most progressive travel retailers in one of the channel’s consistently fastest-growing categories. The ceremony is co-sponsored and judged by leading sunglasses suppliers De Rigo, Essilor, Kering Eyewear, Luxottica, Marchon, Marcolin, Maui Jim and Safilo.
The 2017 winners cannot enter the same category this year and there are eight categories in total:
– Best Marketing Activity for the Sunglasses Category
– Best New Sunglasses Environment
– Best Dedicated Sunglasses Sales Team
– Best Digital Initiative for the Sunglasses Category
– Most Supportive Airport Authority for the Sunglasses Category
– Best Off-Airport Sunglasses Retailer
– Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (under US$2 billion)
– Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (over US$2 billion)