QATAR. There are just nine days aleft to join other innovators, ideators, disrupters, dreamers and entrepreneurs in entering The QDF Factor, an unprecedented initiative to encourage and champion creativity at a time when travel retail needs it most.
Submissions close on 15 September.
As reported, The QDF Factor is the brainchild of Qatar Duty Free (QDF) and The Moodie Davitt Report. It is a competition open to all brands and concepts, both within or outside the travel retail channel, that offers a top prize of a complimentary six-month listing and high-profile promotion at Qatar Duty Free’s award-winning retail offer in Hamad International Airport, Doha.
The victor will also win a six-month US$50,000 multi-media advertising campaign with The Moodie Davitt Report, including an eZine dedicated solely to the winning entry/entries and other high-profile visibility spots.
Finalists will be progressive revealed, along with an extensive profile of their proposition on The Moodie Davitt Report.com, from late September.
The winner will be revealed by Qatar Duty Free at the inaugural Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo, where Qatar Duty Free is a Diamond Partner.
Qatar Duty Free Vice President Operations Thabet Musleh will judge the awards along with senior members of his team, with assistance from The Moodie Davitt Report Chairman Martin Moodie.
Musleh said that he is delighted with the level of interest and the quality and diversity of entries.
All product samples/mock-ups etc and related material must be received by 15 September at the following addresses:
- Qatar Duty Free Company
- Office 401 & 408
- 4th Floor, Qatar Airways Tower 3
- Building 133, Street 310, Zone 48
- P.O. Box 22553
- Doha, State of Qatar
Important note: For alcohol products please email Shanoof Mohamed Ali at Shanali@QatarAirways.com.qa to arrange specific delivery arrangements to Qatar and Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com for delivery to a Hong Kong address.
2. The Moodie Davitt Report Hong Kong
Address details via Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com
3. Supporting material
You must include:
- A PDF/word document answering the entry criteria above
- Photos and/or video of the product
- Please send these to email@example.com; and Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com
[The Qatar Duty Free and Hamad International Airport communications team put this short Instagram clip together to capture Thabet Musleh giving Martin Moodie a sneak preview of the new-look Qatar Duty Free offer in the South Node of Hamad International Airport late last month]
Entrants, to be judged by Musleh, his team, and Martin Moodie, will be assessed on a series of qualitative criteria, including:
- Innovation: What does this product or concept offer that is unique, makes it stand out from its competitors, and creates a talking point for retailer and consumer alike? What is its USP?
- CSR – what additional social credentials does your product offer?
- Presentation: What is compelling about the packaging? What makes it stand out on shelf?
- Commercial viability: Who is your product targeted at? What makes it a winner? What is your pricing policy and (going forward) marketing approach?
- Overall quality: Tell us about the R&D that went into your product, the quality of its ingredients/components etc.
Qatar Duty Free may award more than one prize if sufficiently impressed (The Moodie Davitt Report will match any additional prizes with further advertising).
Musleh said: “QDF has always worked closely with travel retail brands to create unique offers and experiences for our customers.
“Now we are really excited to provide an opportunity for all brands – no matter how big or small, with or without a presence in travel retail – to have their product in one of the top three airports in the world. We welcome all brands to participate and very much look forward to seeing really innovative concepts that will delight our customers in the post COVID-19 era.”