USA. Paradies Lagardère has been awarded four concessions packages across retail and dining at Sacramento International Airport. They cover local, regional and national brands. The new concepts will open in early 2019.
The company said in a statement: “These exciting new concepts, powerhouse as well as proprietary brands, will give travellers a Sense of Place, celebrate the region and all it offers, and address basic traveller and airport employee needs.”
“We’re confident that the retail programme Paradies Lagardère has put together for Sacramento International Airport will offer travellers an enhanced customer experience unlike any other,” said Paradies Lagardère President and CEO Gregg Paradies.
“We’re going to provide the airport, its travellers and its employees creative proprietary concepts, popular national brands, and innovation and technology that will not only make purchases more convenient for travellers, but provide an enhanced customer experience.”
The locally-influenced concepts and national brands include:
- The DOCO Market concept featuring local gifts and regional gourmet items from local vendors such as Whole Spice, See’s Candies, The Hen House Soap Company, as well as travel essential items, luggage and electronic accessories. Also available are licensed team sports apparel featuring the Kings and Sacramento Republic FC.
- Sactown Magazine is named after the city magazine and is a vehicle for “an engaging, hometown store” for travellers, said the retailer. In addition to travel essentials, snacks and grab and go items, products from local vendors such as Anna Apple, Olive Poppy and Fat and the Moon are on offer.
- No Boundaries, a Paradies Lagardère proprietary concept, houses activewear for men and women with name brands such as KÜHL, Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, Ray-Ban, Oakley, prAna and more.
- InMotion features electronics from brands such as Apple while and Brighton features jewellery, accessories, handbags and other items.
- Farm to Fork…to Flight Market will feature Paradies Lagardère’s grab and go programme with menu items from California’s Fresh and Ready, as well as popular travel essentials, gifts, electronics, and more.
- Sacramento-based coffee purveyor Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters will open a concept at the airport. The store will feature travel essential products, accessories and publications, as well as a café menu mirroring the offer at the street-side location.
Paradies Lagardère will also introduce several innovative kiosks to the airport:
- Farm to Fork to Flight Express.
- Jaynee Cakes with an offer from cookies and brownies to breakfast loaves and gourmet pretzel rods, as well as beverages.
The concepts will also allow customers payment options such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Mobile POS.
NOTE TO AIRPORT OPERATORS: The Moodie Davitt Report is the industry’s most popular channel for launching commercial proposals and for publishing the results. If you wish to promote an Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals or full tender process for any sector of airport revenues, simply e-mail Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com.
We have a variety of options that will ensure you reach the widest, most high-quality concessionaire/retailer/operator base in the industry – globally and immediately.
Similarly The Moodie Davitt Report is the only international business intelligence service and industry media to cover all airport consumer services, revenue generating and otherwise. We embrace all airport non-aeronautical revenues, including property, passenger lounges, car parking, hotels, hospital and other medical facilities, the Internet, advertising and related revenue streams.
Please send relevant material, including images, to Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com for instant, quality global coverage.