USA. Paradies Lagardère has been awarded six new specialty retail and travel essential stores at Raleigh–Durham International Airport after an open tender. The offer is highlighted by travel website Trip Advisor’s debut airport store.
Paradies Lagardère said it had created the winning bids with a selection of leading national, regional and local brands after conducting outreach and research with local and regional businesses.
Paradies Lagardère President & CEO Gregg Paradies said: “We are thrilled and very appreciative of this opportunity to continue expanding our strong relationship with Raleigh–Durham International Airport, and deliver these popular and highly-recognised national brands in Terminal 2. Our varied specialty and travel essential retail offerings will be a great complement to the airport and a strong fit for the passengers in this market.”
The travel essential and specialty retail stores include:
Travel Essentials Locations:
- TripAdvisor – This represents the debut airport store from the world’s largest travel website, which has over 340 million unique visitors monthly. The TripAdvisor-branded travel essential store will offer what Paradies Lagardère described as “a convenient, one-stop shop environment that covers all of a traveller’s needs”.
- WRAL Travel Store – A news source for the Raleigh-Durham area for over 60 years, the WRAL travel essentials store brings a local institution into the airport, Paradies Lagardère said.
- Swarovski – The Austrian crystal company will offer a range of figurines, jewellery and accessories.
- Corsa Collections – This multi-brand concept offers travel items from Brighton, Tumi, MZ Wallace, Lipault and other top fashion brands.
- No Boundaries – A concept store targeting the outdoor and sport enthusiast. The store features apparel and accessories from premium national brands – Kuhl Clothing, Columbia, Aventura, Mountain Hardwear, and Marmot – with gear that includes jackets, vests, fleece, backpacks, rain gear, camping essentials, water bottles, and a range of other accessories.
- InMotion Entertainment – The popular US brand offers a range of electronics and entertainment-related items. Global brands such as Beats by Dr. Dre, Bose, Monster, Samsung, and Sony are available.
NOTE TO AIRPORT OPERATORS: The Moodie Davitt Report is the industry’s most popular channel for launching commercial proposals and publicising the results. If you wish to promote an Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals or full tender process for any sector of airport revenues, simply e-mail Martin Moodie at Martin@TheMoodieReport.com
We have a variety of options that will ensure you reach the widest, most high-quality concessionaire/retailer/operator base in the industry – globally and immediately.
Similarly The Moodie Report is the only international business intelligence service and industry media to cover all airport consumer services, revenue-generating and otherwise. We embrace all airport non-aeronautical revenues, including property, passenger lounges, car parking, hotels, hospital and other medical facilities, the Internet, advertising and related revenue streams.
Please send relevant material, including images, to Martin@MoodieDavitt.com for instant, quality global coverage.