POLAND. Lagardère Travel Retail Poland has underlined its social responsibility credentials with a focus on disabled customers at its So!Coffee outlet in Warsaw’s Annopol Factory shopping mall.
The company organised a workshop for its employees at So!Coffee, with several goals in mind. It raised awareness of disabilities through direct experimentation (employees were blindfolded to understand what it feels to be blind, and they learned the basics of sign language among other practical activities). Staff were also introduced to special installations put in place for disabled customers.
Reopened after a remodelling, the new So!Coffee at Annopol Factory now includes:
– More space between the tables to facilitate wheelchair access and circulation;
– Higher and wider tables adapted to wheelchairs;
– A place to store crutches;
– A magnetic induction loop for the hearing-impaired placed at the counter;
– A pad to type in orders for mute customers;
– Table order system for the hard of hearing or the elderly;
– Water bowls for guide dogs.
Further renovations with these components will be rolled out throughout the So!Coffee network.