Regional Manager Europe, Global Travel Retail (GTR) -UK Field based
Location: Field Based UK, GB
Company: Accolade Wines
Competitive salary plus car allowance & excellent benefits
We have a rare opportunity for a Regional Manager Europe (GTR) to join our Sales Team. This role is responsible for driving sales and profit growth whilst leveraging the Accolade Wines portfolio in all channels within European Travel Retail. This includes duty free shops, cruise ship, ferries and airlines.
Uncork your potential
Drawing on a proud heritage with one of the first wineries established in Australia, Accolade Wines has evolved into a global wine company with some of the world’s best known brands sold in over 130 countries.
Today our portfolio comprised of more than 35 wineries and brands from premium regions in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile and California.
This broad portfolio, together with the largest wine bottling, warehouse and distribution centre in Europe and more than 1,700 dedicated people across the globe, makes us on of the world’s leading providers of New World premium, commercial and value wines.
About the role
High profile roles like this do not come along often. It’s a very exciting time to join us following a number of years of excellent growth; we’ve set ourselves further ambitious and challenging targets. Reporting into our Commercial Director, Global Travel Retail, you will be instrumental in leading and directing sales activities in a portfolio of customers across Europe. We sell our wines in travel outlets across Europe and you’ll have a good understanding of these channels and the different skills required for this sector. You’ll have European clients across the UK and Mainland Europe, with the exact customer mix depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate. This channel of trade is a growing business and adds considerable value to Accolade Wines. You will be an integral member of a high performing but friendly and supportive GTR team, and also part of the wider EMEA team. Your key responsibilities include:
- Driving profitable growth by developing and implementing sales strategies to cover all channels within your portfolio. This includes Airports, Airlines, Ferries, Border stores and cruise ships
- Monitoring Accolade and competitor activity/pricing and its effectiveness in order to assess Accolade brand performance and to recommend counter strategies to defend or enhance our position.
- Regular travel across Europe to drive improved customer performance and ensure in store activity is being activated
- Ensure NPD and our Premium Wine Portfolio are presented and developed in the GTR channel to drive continued profitable growth and a healthy portfolio mix
- Creating and hitting annual budget, reviewing monthly results to budget and forecast; proposing action plans to meet or exceed targets.
- Creating key account/marketing plans per major customer & continuously update these to reflect business needs; Analyse Price, Display and tasting activity, identify opportunities and implement the best options to drive incremental sales in Travel Retail.
- Work with customer marketing to deliver excellent branded activation in store.
- Reviewing customer debt levels and ensuring our customers are paying on time
You will have a proven background as a high performing sales manager ideally in the Travel Retail or FMCG sector delivering sales and increasing profits. Experience of commercial wine sales or the luxury goods market would be beneficial but not essential; your commercial skills are the key requirement for this role.
You’ll be a brilliant negotiator with a clear understanding of the impact your commercial decisions have on the business. You won’t be satisfied with achieving targets, you’ll strive to exceed in everything you do.
You’ll be energetic and have a “can do” attitude mixed with an ambition for strategic growth. You’ll be commercially astute with a global perspective and experienced at budgeting and forecasting. Obsessed with delivering an excellent customer service relationships will be at the heart of everything you do. This role is field based with approximately a third of your time spent travelling across Europe and the UK. A second language (ideally French) would be beneficial for this role.
Sound like your kind of drop?
We are a multi award winning company and like us you will have a passion for wine.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including medical cover, pension scheme and staff wine allowance.
This role will require travel across the UK and Europe.
Interviews will be held in Bristol and/or Weybridge.
If this sounds like your next regional sales role please click on the following link to apply: (Insert link)
The closing date for this vacancy is 25th August.