USA. Airmall yesterday expanded the commercial and consumer services offer at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport following the Grand Opening of a new connector between concourses D and E. The ribbon-cutting ceremony was attended by company officials, BWI Marshall executives and Governor Larry Hogan.
The facility, designed to accommodate the airport’s growing international traffic, includes a ROAM Fitness gym and an outdoor patio.
“Record-breaking numbers of travelers are flying, shopping and dining at BWI Marshall,” said Airmall Maryland Vice President Brett Kelly. “With the new connector, we’re pleased to introduce a variety of concepts that showcase our region and will be well-received by travelers.”
The new connector includes:
- ROAM Fitness (1175sq ft): This airport gym and shower facility, described as “first of its kind”, will open in December. It is equipped with a range of cardio equipment, free weights, a designated stretching space, and private bathrooms/showers with towel service. Complimentary lululemon athletic clothes and Brooks running shoes are provided with any membership pass (day, month or year).
- Hudson News (900sq ft): The Dufry-owned store offers snacks and drinks, books, magazines and news, souvenirs and electronics.
- NYS Collection (235sq ft): The eyewear boutique will open its second location at the airport with a range of men’s and women’s sunglasses and eyewear for men, including the New York line, polarized Signature series, luxury Elite label, and a selection of readers.
- Pen & Prose Boutique (800sq ft): A destination store for specialty gifts and souvenirs, including greeting cards, stationery, desktop accessories and collectibles.
- R&R Seafood Bar (10,00sq ft): This new concept from CRC Restaurants, the family business behind Obrycki’s (a renowned Baltimore restaurant best-known for steamed crabs and crab cakes), features subway tiled walls, a marble bar, an open kitchen and elements of a classic raw bar. It offers oysters, steamed shrimp and raw bar offerings, plus seafood cooked to order in steam kettles, sandwiches, Obrycki’s crab cakes and a full bar.
- Starbucks (590sq ft) offer includes freshly brewed coffee and espressos, cold Frappuccino drinks and fruity Refreshers, plus sweet and savory snacks from the bakery.
- Travellers can enjoy a 1,650sq ft outdoor patio while awaiting flights. It will be open seasonally.
Airmall is the developer and manager of the retail and food & beverage operations at Pittsburgh International Airport, Boston Logan International Airport (terminals B and E), Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.