USA. Dufry-owned Hudson Group has opened six new stores at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The stores total 14,500sq ft (1,347sq m) of commercial space and offer luxury goods such as watches & jewellery as well as travel essentials, electronics, wines & spirits and apparel. The retailer partnered with architect Designwork Studios to deliver the new environment.
Hudson Group President & Dufry Division CEO North America Joseph DiDomizio said: “With these new exclusive properties in Las Vegas, we are forging new territory by bringing 30 years of travel retail experience to resorts for the first time. These shops represent a new type of business for us, which best meets customer expectations and which we expect to further expand and develop going forward.”
- Chill: The 145sq m shop offers travel essentials ranging from books, magazines, snacks and beverages to travel and convenience necessities, souvenirs and electronics.
- Hootenanny: The design includes “a modern apothecary feel with old school roadhouse furnishings”, including raw, distressed fixtures with an industrial distillery look. The 288sq m shop offers travel essentials, electronics, spirits and premium cigars in a humidor.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: The 146sq m unit on the first floor features rock and pop art.
Store design elements incorporate Hudson Group’s speciality and travel essentials concepts with a twist, showcasing features such as custom-made island vitrines, bright colour schemes, edgy décor and textures that lift guest engagement and visibility, according to the retailer.
Design firm Big Red Rooster has collaborated with retail shops Bezel, Day + Night and Shine to create a new identity for each.
- Bezel: Curated fixtures furnish the 72sq m high-end watch and timepiece store to amplify the craftsmanship of master watchmakers. Key brands include Hamilton, TAG Heuer, Ernst Benz and Raymond Weil.
- Day + Night: The 661sq m apparel store features check tile flooring, a large, open black ceiling and metallic gold drapery. Clothing, accessories and sunglasses brands include M. Fredric, johnnie-o, Hershel Supply Co., Maui Jim, Tom Ford, Gucci and more.
- Shine: Designed as a high-end 37sq m chic jewellery store, the unit features rustic reclaimed wood and modern detailing.
“Hard Rock Hotel is committed to delivering exceptional, one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests,” said Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Chief Operating Officer Jody Lake. “With the Hudson Group partnership, guests will be able to take advantage of a fresh, unique shopping environment in addition to our outstanding line-up of first-class entertainment, innovative gaming, high-energy nightlight, day-life and music scene and acclaimed restaurants.”