USA. Master developer Westfield, Delta Air Lines and Los Angeles World Airports have revealed a new retail and dining offer across 9,335sq ft of space at Los Angeles International (LAX) Terminal 3. The offer features 17 new brands, including nine from Los Angeles and eight making their US airport debuts.
The investment followed Delta Air Lines’ relocation to Terminals 2 and 3 at LAX in May. This was the first step in the airline’s US$1.9 billion redevelopment of the terminals that will eventually create the Delta Sky Way at LAX. The redevelopment will take several years to complete, but the customer experience improvements have begun with this project.
“Getting to the airport early just got a whole lot more fun in Terminal 3, with the unveiling of 17 new dining and shopping options,” said Los Angeles World Airports Chief Commercial Officer Debbie Bowers. “The transformation of Terminal 3 is just the beginning, and we look forward to continuing to work with Delta and Westfield as we create a world-class airport, with incredible and unique shopping and dining options.”
“The completion of the Delta Sky Way at LAX is a few years away, but customers can expect to see new features and enhancements to Terminals 2 and 3 throughout the course of the project,” said Delta Vice President – Corporate Real Estate in LA Mary Loeffelholz. “In the end, we want to offer a world-class customer experience at LAX, and these new, high-quality dining and shopping options are a fantastic start.”
“What a great surprise for travellers to discover in Terminal 3 just before the holidays,” said Westfield Vice President at LAX Dan Hough. “Working together, we’re elevating the experience and helping LAWA and Delta make their LAX vision a reality.”
Among the new, local and well-known brands in the terminal are Angel City Brewery, LA Life, Ashland Hill and The Parlor – all LAX and airport firsts. Other popular names include Shake Shack, Starbucks and L.A.-based brands Blue Window and earthbar.
The full dining and retail line-up includes:
- Angel City Brewery – An LA-based brewery that is a local leader in the craft beer scene.
- Ashland Hill and Ashland Hill Bar – Santa Monica cuisine with seasonal dishes and a selection of local brews.
- Blue Window – Featuring slow cooking and fast service, Blue Window is described as “the new face of fast food, bringing global flavours and an environmental consciousness to our grab-and-go world”.
- Deli & Co. – A grab-and-go station stocked with pre-made sandwiches and snacks.
- earthbar – Signature Californian juices, wraps and salads for grab-and-go dining.
- Hudson LAXpress – Travel essentials, souvenirs, news and gifts.
- Hudson News – With a selection of regional, national and international magazine titles along with a selection of newspapers and books. It also offers snacks, bottled beverages and other travel items.
- La Familia – Street tacos and rice bowls in “a vibrant environment”.
- LA Life – Offering fresh, local snack options.
- Moshi – Premium accessories and cutting-edge electronics.
- Panda Express – Traditional Chinese cuisine.
- The Parlor – Modern American comfort food “with a trendy twist” at an LA-themed gastro pub.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Offering a variety of coffees and teas.
- Shake Shack – The popular modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its Angus beef burgers, flat-top dogs, frozen custard and more.
- Starbucks – A classic American coffee house.
- Soundstage by Hudson – A “high-energy retail zone”.
In partnership with the city of Los Angeles and Los Angeles World Airports, Westfield is transforming the customer experience at LAX terminals 1, 2, 3, 6 and Tom Bradley International Terminal. Westfield is crafting a different design at each terminal.