This key section of The Moodie Report is your noticeboard of executive vacancies or positions sought.
Our rates (on application) represent extraordinary value while our market penetration is unrivalled. Try us instead of your usual search company options and you will be pleasantly surprised.
There is no charge for positions sought advertisements.
If you wish to advertise (again for an accessible fee) in our weekly PDF, The Moodie Report 7 Days, which goes direct to the inbox of our entire readership, please e-mail Karen Lindsay at the same address.
RETAIL ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR, CURRENTLY DUBAI-BASED, SEEKS OPPORTUNITY IN NEW MARKET
Date posted: 6 July, 2011
My objective is to work for an organization that will use all of my skills, in sales, sales training and sales management, communication, organization, and executive management, to develop and mentor sales professionals to consistently provide quality client account management and generate quality new clients.
This will provide increasingly beneficial relationships between the organization and its clients, and between the employer and its employees.
I am currently an Assistant Supervisor for a leading fashion boutique in the Dubai local market. I am able to relocate geographically.
Please contact me via The Moodie Report (at Martin@TheMoodieReport.comciting ‘Ref 502’.
GOLDKENN SEEKS SALES MANAGER/KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Date posted: 14 June, 2011
Goldkenn is a chocolate manufacturer based in le Locle, Neuchatel, Switzerland. Goldkenn develops the traditions of Swiss chocolate through innovative concepts. Goldkenn became a pioneer in the airport retail market and then moved into a second market – onboard/inflight sales.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Manager/Key Account Management to be part of our travel retail team.
The successful candidate will represent the company overseas market and the role will feature 50% travel.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Uphold the Goldkenn brand name which has been in existence for more than 29 years in duty free.
• Put in place and monitor procedures to ensure the large volume requested by our customers in the established market and also for potential markets.
• More importantly, you will have to maintain strategies in accordance with the business line.
• To have a concrete plan to meet the requirements set up by the management.
• There should be follow-up procedures to monitor clients’ requirement, distributors and agents.
• Ensure the follow-up of promotion actions which have been defined in accordance with the marketing strategies.
• Ensure the budget control and the mark-up in accordance with the management.
• In addition to normal duties, to liaise with different types of clients, Line Directors who are responsible for shops, or with those who are responsible for merchandising.
• To be aware of competitors and also to work with the legal framework for the countries concerned.
• Develop promotional plans to support sales & marketing
• Manage the budget, analysis and monthly sales reports.
• Implement and keep the business continuity plan updated.
• Bachelor degree
• Minimum three years’ experience in travel retail or export
• Experience of the food industry
• Analytical skills (identify problems, trends and suggest solutions)
• Sales & Marketing experience at all managerial levels
• Entrepreneurial, innovative creative and team player, autonomy and having a team spirit.
• Good communication skills, highly organized, sense of responsibility, methodic precise and conscientious.
• Excellent oral and written English skills. French as a second language. A third language is an advantage.
Please send your details, citing ‘The Moodie Report’ to email@example.com
TOMMY HILFIGER SEEKS REGIONAL DUTY FREE & TRAVEL RETAIL DIRECTOR
Date posted: 9 June, 2011
Tommy Hilfiger is looking for an Amsterdam-based Regional Duty Free & Travel Retail Director to lead and direct the regional travel retail and duty free business in Europe, Middle East and/or Asia.
• Travel retail and fashion experience
• 5-10 years of overall progressive sales/retail experience of which two years in a leading position.
• International mindset
• Analytic, strategic and business driven approach
Please review the full job description and apply at: http://companyinfo.tommy.com/printjob.php?JobID=862
HUDSON NEWS SEEKS A PROCUREMENT/ADVERTISING HEAD
Date posted: 9 June, 2011
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Working as part of the Dufry team is challenging and rewarding. We operate in six geographical regions, across over 40 countries, with more than 1000 stores. However we operate as one team – ‘the Dufry team’.
The core assortment for duty paid concept is newspapers, magazines and books, which are complemented by a broad range of convenience products (such as confectionary, travel electronics). We operate such stores under the Hudson News brand.
Supporting Hudson News managers in all areas associated with procurement, distribution, sales, analysis, advertising, promotions and profitability based initiatives to maximise promotional income, execute & deliver margin improvements with suppliers.
• Ensuring global and business unit margin objectives are attained
• Interacting with the Procurement/Advertising & Promotion Managers to ensure all locally driven programs combine both best possible margin and advertising & promotion opportunities in each category
• Ensuring collections of advertising and promotional monies
• Defining product assortments for the stores
• Defining and executing new advertising and promotional opportunities
• Preparing budgets on advertising and promotional monies to be collected
• Consolidating and sourcing of products from global suppliers
• Reviewing supplier PO’s for all categories
• Ensuring good vendor relationships by regular communication via email, telephone, or scheduled meetings
• Devoting special attention to the local marketplace and consistently striving to add new local products into the location
• Assisting the International Team in the tender process by pulling information together and finding local concepts to add strength to the Hudson proposal
• Representing the Hudson Brand at industry trade shows and publishing industry events
• 3 to 5 years of Multi-store retail management (Drugstore, grocery store, convenience
store, newsstand, or fast food)
• Knowledgeable of FMCG/Retail business processes, systems and their dependencies
Please send your details, citing ‘The Moodie Report’ to Joan Serra at firstname.lastname@example.org
FLEMINGO SEEKS A DIPLOMATIC SUPPLY DIVISIONAL HEAD
Date posted: 2 June, 2011
Location: EU and/or Dubai
We are looking for a Diplomatic Supply Divisional Head to lead our Global Diplomatic Supply Business.
• Formulate and deliver a long-term, global, strategic, marketing, sales and operational plan
• Development and management of a global team of diplomatic sales agents
• Develop and execute catalogue, internet, direct and partner sales channels
• Develop and administer marketing and operating budgets for the department
• Maintain client development activities and client customer service
• Single point responsibility of department’s revenue growth, and margin development
• Liaising with home support team for complete financial, operational and technical support
• Develop alternate revenue streams
• Take charge of existing diplomatic retail initiatives and integrate into the synergized model
• Provide timely reporting of sales, costs, financial and other KPIs to company directors for each market and channel
• Significant travel to develop and support all business aspects
• Ten years in a senior management role in the Diplomatic Supply industry.
• A minimum of 15 years experience in travel retail, and specifically duty free sales of alcoholic, tobacco, perfume and cosmetics products.
• Proven history of success in managing teams in a senior management role and handling key accounts
• Established network of contacts in the diplomatic and consular community. Experience within the diplomatic community is desired.
• High willingness to travel.
• In-depth understanding of international trade, and supply chain management
The Right Candidate
• Exceptional written and communication skills. Fluency in English required and knowledge of additional languages would be a plus.
• MBA preferred but not required.
Please send your details, citing ‘The Moodie Report’ to Rasik Thakker at email@example.com
HAND IN HAND FOR HAITI SEEKS DIRECTOR OF STUDENT HEALTH/SCHOOL NURSE FOR TRAVEL RETAIL INDUSTRY-FUNDED SCHOOL
Date posted: 23 May, 2011
Jean Baptist de Sables (JPB) School, funded by travel retail industry charity Hand in Hand for Haiti, invites applications for a full-time Director of Student Health/School Nurse for the 2011-2012 school year.
JPB school is an independent college preparatory school beginning with three, four and five year old children this year.
We are located just northeast of the city of St. Marc, Haiti. The school will be known for its commitment to academic excellence and for its leadership in providing opportunities for young women and men in academics and the arts.
The Director of Health Services/School Nurse will support the care and wellness of 150 students and approximately 20 adults and is responsible for the management and implementation of the school health program, which is consistent with the US regulations governing school health and nursing practice.
The successful candidate will work closely with the school counselors and be an integral part of the Health Department. Strong candidates will possess a minimum of two years of experience in nursing and/or school health in an educational setting, independent schools preferred.
Certification from a national credentialing board in pediatrics or certification from a national board in school nursing is preferred. Candidates must hold current certification in CPR and AED. The successful candidate will hold at least a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, (Masters preferred) and current license to practice in Haiti or the USA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a competitive salary.
People interested should send their resume to the poste of Saint-Marc:
Address: Hand In Hand for Haiti Foundation – BP35 – Saint-Marc – HT 4310 – Haiti
Please go to www.handinhandforhaiti.com to learn more about this exciting new school in Haiti.
MAJOR INFLIGHT RETAIL OPPORTUNITY – UK-BASED
Date posted: 11 May, 2011
The Moodie Report has been asked to assist a prominent travel retailer in recruiting a senior executive to drive the company’s growing European inflight operations.
The successful candidate will be based in the South East of England,
The company concerned is looking for an experienced travel retail executive with presence, a results orientation and proven leadership attributes to head up a rapid growth regional business unit. He or she will have full P&L responsibility for the European business.
For more details, please contact Martin Moodie in strict confidence at Martin@TheMoodieReport.com, citing “˜Reference 501′.
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, 44 YEARS OLD, SEEKS NEW AND CHALLENGING ROLE
Date posted: 8 April 2011
– 20 years experience within B2B duty free/export
– Key account management to an international client base
– Sales and marketing experience at all managerial and directorship levels
– Entrepreneurial, innovative, creative and team player.
– Proven sales record coupled with profit retention and growth
– New media experience within Content management, SEO and e-Commerce from an international business perspective
– Native English speaker, working knowledge of German
– Currently living in Germany, available to relocate within Europe, or travel extensively
For further details please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORMER BUSINESS OWNER SEEKS NEW CHALLENGE IN LUXURY FRAGRANCE SECTOR – LONDON BASED
Date posted: 17 March 2011
Although I have been occupied with non-perfume matters during the intervening period (including property development), my desire is to return to work in this wonderful industry which is the only one I know and still gives me such a buzz; I therefore am seeking suitable opportunities in the premium perfume field.
I can supply references of the highest order from Kenneth Green, Roja Dove, Per Neuman, my accountant, lawyer and Barclays and having been on the retail side, I would be very interested to try a different facet of fragrance and would be keen to become involved with the distribution of niche and exclusive fragrances into the UK market. Some funds would be available were the right venture to present itself.
For further details contact The Moodie Report, via: email@example.com
SENIOR TRAVEL RETAIL PROFESSIONAL SEEKS NEW CHALLENGE
Date posted: 16 March 2011
A self motivated and enthusiastic leader offering extensive commercial, sales and marketing experience, gained within global, fast moving and competitive environments. Over 15 years travel retail experience working across several top performing categories.
Sound organisational and planning skills are complemented by an in-depth knowledge of European languages.
An outstanding sales record, with retail account management and international experience (including Europe, Asia and Middle East). A proven track record of delivering results above target.
A motivational leader capable of leading teams based across the globe.
Willingness to travel globally.
For further details contact The Moodie Report, via: firstname.lastname@example.org