US. BAA Cleveland, the developer of the new Airmall at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, will launch seven new concepts to the airport over the next few years.
“From specialty retail to high-quality food offerings, the Airmall at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is poised to dramatically enhance the passenger experience for travellers and airport visitors alike. These seven concepts are just the beginning,” noted BAA Cleveland Vice President Tina LaForte.
“Moreover, travellers will quickly become accustomed to the no-nonsense pledge of “˜Regular Mall Prices”¦Guaranteed,’ a hallmark of the Airmall. They will be able to shop and dine with peace of mind, because they will be paying no more for goods and services at the airport than they would at a comparable nearby location,” she added.
The City of Cleveland forged a ten-year contract with BAA Cleveland in February 2008 to develop and manage concessions at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
The city anticipates that the new Airmall will double retail sales figures at Cleveland Hopkins over a ten-year period, as well as double both the number of concession-related jobs and the current participation rate of local and minority-owned companies.
When it is completed, the new Airmall at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport will occupy 76,000sq ft of retail space.
Retailers that have committed to opening new units at the Airmall include:
• Tech X-perience, sells consumer technology for people on the go, including gamers. Passengers will be able to test branded electronics right in the store. This includes the latest gaming options, headphones, MP3 and DVD players and a range of accessories.
• Johnston & Murphy, which offers fine leather goods and footwear to the “discerning, sophisticated man who likes to dress smartly”.
• A new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame store, which will pay homage to Cleveland’s role as the hometown of this national treasure. The new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame store will feature one-of-a-kind rock and roll merchandise and specialty items. The store is the product of a joint venture between Hudson Group and two local Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) companies – the United Concessions Group Inc and Fins & Feathers Seafood & Poultry Market Inc dba English Concessions.
• Taxco Sterling, specialising in sterling silver jewelry, 18kt gold jewellery, and silver and stone accessories. Taxco Sterling is located in many of the premier regional shopping centres and busiest airports in the US.
• Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen, offering old world pizza, homemade pasta, Italian entrées, salads and specialty items.
• Green Leaf’s”¦Beyond Great Salads features fresh tossed salads made to order, wraps, grilled panini sandwiches and hearty homemade soups.
• Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt, offering fruit smoothies, frozen yogurt and a variety of snacks.
ABOUT BAA CLEVELAND
BAA Cleveland is the developer and manager of the retail and concessions program at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. BAA Cleveland is a project of BAA USA, the developer and manager of the retail, food and beverage operations at the Airmalls at Pittsburgh International Airport, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, and Boston Logan International Airport (Terminals B and E).
BAA USA is an affiliate of BAA Limited, the world’s leading airport company, which owns and operates seven UK airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Southampton, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow). For more information, visit www.airmall.com or www.baausa.com.
MORE STORIES ON BAA USA